Human hair extensions are gorgeous, soft hairs slipping through your fingers like silk. You invest a lot of cash on wings to make sure that you get that best, beautiful appearance always. But if you are discovering any damage to your hair extension for a while, then do not check just for the hair extension quality, but likewise for the day-to-day routines and environmental factors around you.
It might be you are the mortal enemies of hair extensions. So, please continue reading to understand about them and develop routines that can keep them at bay!
1. Existence of Toxins in the Air - Smog, smoke, fumes, and another type of air toxins pick your hair extensions and form a layer above them. This hampers their look and makes them look dusty and dull. Besides damaging the appearance of hair extensions, these air toxins can dry the wings. So, suppose you have any bad habit of cigarette smoking or reside in a too contaminated region. In that case, it is better to cover your extensions with a silk fabric always and prevent smoking.
2. Improper Washing Behaviors - Both over-washing and under-washing your hair extensions can trigger severe damage to them. If you do not wash your extensions correctly, they will look bad, filthy, odor terrible, and appear dull and lifeless. On the other hand, if you over-wash the wings, then this will extract the wetness from them and will make them dry. So, the very best escape is to clean your extensions when in a week to maintain their health and look.
3. Utilizing Over-drying and harsh Products - Your hairstylist needs to have counseled you to use moisture-rich hair shampoos and conditioners that are paraben and alcohol-free. Since items with high alcohol content are harsh to the extensions can result in severe damage. So, make sure you are mild on your wings and use sulfate-free and phosphate-free hair extension cleansers. Always inspect item labels before utilizing them.
4. Cutting or Cutting the Extensions - Cutting or trimming the extensions is a great way to maintain the extensions. However, overdoing this practice will leave you with harmed hairs with low length. If you follow this practice routinely, it is vital to hydrate your hair using essential natural hair oils. This will ensure that your extensions do not get harmed and are free from all sorts of damaging radicals.
5. Insufficient Handling - You should have brought smooth, cuticle-free, and smooth hair extensions. However, if you stop working to manage them appropriately, they will become frizzy, lack shine, and even result in more tangles. For that reason, you need to give a gentle touch to your extensions: usage brushes and combs with large teeth. Likewise, use hairpins, elastic bands, or other hair styling products only when required, as their usage can result in the falling of hair extensions.
6. Using Harsh Glues - If you use any harsh glues to stick your extensions to your hair, then this will harm not just the wings but even the scalp. Utilizing such adhesives can result in severe damage to the natural hair. Therefore, you must use glues that are shown to be safe and protected for the scalp. You can continuously request such products from a hairstylist or a professional. There is a series of such items available, and the professionals suggest using only those items for the extension.
7. Utilizing 'Hot' Hair Styling Products - Using hair styling irons, rollers, clothes dryers, and other comparable products can damage the extensions and make them frizzy. Such items have high temperatures, and instead of drying the wings, they wind up hurting them. They might also lead to the bonding of synthetic glue to the natural hairs, which will worsen in the scenario. So, prevent using heat as if hair wigs get badly harmed, then it will be tough to invigorate them.
8. Following an Unhealthy Diet Plan - Diet plan plays an essential role in handling your hair extensions. This will make your hair brittle and would leave it weak if you consume too much oily food rich in fatty acids. Individuals using hair wigs are suggested to take in a diet rich in Omega-3, which is among the essential nutrients for the hair. Also, you may use a non-oily conditioner every day to keep your extensions hydrated.
9. Form Growth - Like a correct cleaning of hair extensions, the procedure of effectively drying them is also of utmost significance. This will leave them damp and result in high wetness material if you utilize or keep incorrectly dried hair wigs. In such a case, molds grow on the surface of extensions. These molds are fungal and bacterial organisms that are hazardous not just for the wings but also for your head. So, make sure that your extensions dry effectively, especially from the interior sections. If roots or weft are left damp, then this will cause the high development of mold.